Subject: Re: WINVER
From: [email-masked] (Christopher G. Faylor)

26 Jun 1998 02:00:08 GMT
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
X-Newsreader: trn 4.0-test63 (15 March 1998)

In article <[email-masked]>,
Robin Crampton <[email-masked]> wrote:
>I've just noticed that WINVER is not defined in the GNU version of   
>windows.h.
>I'm using mmsystem.h from VC5, and it expects WINVER to be defined.
>It's a harmless thing to do, so could it be added to windows.h in the   
>next release?
>(Then I can stop including my-windows.h which defines it and then   
>includes windows.h...)  

It is always helpful when requesting changes for the request to be
as specific as possible.

Rather than expect that we'll smack our heads and say, "Oh!  Of course!
WINVER!  I'll add it right away!"  Why not take some time and explain
what WINVER is and provide a patch to add it to the correct place?
-- 
[email-masked]             "Everything has a boolean value, if you stand
http://www.cygnus.com/      far enough away from it."  -- Galena Alyson Canada