Subject: RE: Cygwinb19.dll
From: [email-masked]

25 Jun 1998 16:43:30 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: MULTIPART/MIXED; BOUNDARY="Boundary_(ID_TM/0kQZJQ9l9xzEOjGwwLg)"
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

--Boundary_(ID_TM/0kQZJQ9l9xzEOjGwwLg)
Content-type: TEXT/PLAIN

#  However, practically all Win32 programs require at least
# one of the Win32 API DLLs, directly or through some other library or DLL, so
# basically all Win32 programs are dynamically linked. To achieve something
# like a UNIX statically linked executable what you need to do is make sure
# you don't link any DLLs which don't come with the operating system.

That would be a little tricky....

# So, either you can rebuild newlib as a static library, or you can distribute
# a copy of cygwin's dll with your program (or you can use Mingw32, but that
# would be a shameless plug :-) ).

I think the Mingw32 route sounds best, (well it's easiest for me - so it's 
obviously
the best!).

Bob

--Boundary_(ID_TM/0kQZJQ9l9xzEOjGwwLg)--
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".