Subject: Re: Cygwinb19.dll
From: [email-masked]

25 Jun 1998 13:14:17 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: MULTIPART/MIXED; BOUNDARY="Boundary_(ID_t8ydT4veQK6UqPZNxZV0mQ)"
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

--Boundary_(ID_t8ydT4veQK6UqPZNxZV0mQ)
Content-type: TEXT/PLAIN

# That sounds like the perfect way of making non-DLL requiring EXEs w/
# Cygnus..  But, would statically linked EXEs be worth the extra size?  That's
# my main concern, especially since if a person is running more than 1 Cygnus
# compiled application at a time, you are saving on memory space and harddrive
# space to go with dynamic linking.

Agreed. What I was getting at was the situation where you want to deliver a 
"gnu-win32"
generated ''solution'' with the minimum of hassle. With the static link, you 
one have one
(veRY LARge) exe, rather than one exe and a DLL that has to go lord-knows-where 
- maybe
package creation, a la Solaris is the answer?

What do you think?

Bob Cross.

--Boundary_(ID_t8ydT4veQK6UqPZNxZV0mQ)--
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".