Subject: about perl and co ...
From: [email-masked] (Laurent Bardi)

24 Jun 1998 21:29:38 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hi,

my goal is to write perl extension in dll forms to be accessible by AS
and QSUB port.

in order to do that, i ve download the b19 of gnu-win32, i ce installed
it.

i ve download the perl5.004_04 and install the source: now the
problems...

-when i try the "sh configure", sometimes it is "erratic" (i mean it is
like i ve hit twice the return ?)
-some path are badly formed with mix of \ and /  (i think it is the
CYGROOT variable who makes that)
-i ve a pb with Fnctl.h (he says that i ve got a parse error ...)

now, the questions

-when i type whoami , he says "administrator" when i touch a file , he
belongs to 504 wich is not declared in /etc/passwd ??????

-can i, with gnu-win32 , write a dll that i can use with windows program
without having gnu-win32 installed? (it for my extensions for perl)

-is there a better way (but free, no vc or bc) to do what i want to do
(write perl-dll-extension)?

many thanks in advance and sorry for beiing so long

-- 

Laurent BARDI: Ingenieur Systemes & Reseaux
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique
INSTITUT  de PHARMACOLOGIE et de BIOLOGIE STRUCTURALE
Tel : 05-61-17-54-39	http://www.ipbs.fr/ (internal)
Fax : 05-61-17-59-94	[email-masked]
CNRS-IPBS 205 Route de Narbonne 31400 TOULOUSE FRANCE 

There is worse than to have not succeded :  Not to have  tried !
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".