Subject: Re: Cygwinb19.dll
From: [email-masked]

24 Jun 1998 12:18:08 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: MULTIPART/MIXED; BOUNDARY="Boundary_(ID_tFPEf2psDU5+6ouJ9yyT5Q)"
To: [email-masked]

--Boundary_(ID_tFPEf2psDU5+6ouJ9yyT5Q)
Content-type: TEXT/PLAIN

# If you don't like
# that requirement, go rewrite the source code of the compiler itself and set
# it up so that each EXE has all those functions included within them.  This
# has the disadvantage of increases every single executable's size by half a
# meg.  It's your choice.

'Proper' (no insult intended to the genii behind gnu-win32) Unix systems have 
the
capability to produce "statically" or "dynamically" linked executables. From 
what I understand
of M$'s terminology, DLL's (*dynamic* link libraries), are required for 
dynamically linked
EXEs. So surely the answer is to get gcc/ld to produce statically linked 
EXE's?  I would
assume that it **must** be able to do this, since it seems to be able to do 
everything
else 'part from make the tea/coffee.

Go on someone, tell me I'm haverin' (Scots for "talking garbage") - or not?

Bob Cross.

--Boundary_(ID_tFPEf2psDU5+6ouJ9yyT5Q)--
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".