Subject: Question regarding Compilation
From: [email-masked] (Suhaib M. Siddiqi)

24 Jun 1998 06:58:31 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: <[email-masked]>

I recently ported a very complicated UNIX (a 3D chemistry application) to
WindowsNT.  I used Cygnus-Win32 Beta 19.1 and EGCS 1.0.2.  The application
is linked to X11R6.3 libraries.  The application compile without any
problems and errors or warnings.
However, when I tried using the compiled binary, I get the
SATATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION, Segment Fault and it crashes.

WHAT IF> (e:\whatif\whatif.exe 1094) Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
(e:\whatif\whatif.exe 1094) Dumping stack trace to whatif.exe.core
bash-2.01$ rm *.core
bash-2.01$ gdb whatif.exe

Doing a debug with gdb, I get the following:

Starting program: /e/whatif/whatif.exe
67000000:/WINNT/System32/libX11.dll
10000000:/WINNT/System32/cygwinb19.dll

[failed reading symbols from DLL]
"/WINNT/system32/advapi32.dll": error reading line numbers

[failed reading symbols from DLL]
"/WINNT/system32/KERNEL32.dll": error reading line numbers

77e70000:/WINNT/system32/USER32.dll
77ed0000:/WINNT/system32/GDI32.dll
77e10000:/WINNT/system32/RPCRT4.dll
5f810000:/WINNT/System32/rpcltc1.dll

Since I linked the binary to libX11.a I am using a Netmanage Xoftware
X-Server.

I am not sure what is going on.

Can anyone help?  Any suggestions and help will be highly appreciated.

Suhaib

--
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Suhaib M. Siddiqi, Ph.D.
Senior Research Chemist
Inspire Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
4222 Emperor Blvd.,
Suite 470
Durham, NC 27703-8466

Tel:  (919) 941-9777 Ext. 238
Fax: (919) 941-9797
E-Mail: [email-masked]
http://www.inspirepharm.com
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".