Subject: RE: putc bug ?
From: [email-masked] (Coley Curtin)

23 Jun 1998 17:57:04 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
To: "John Gumb" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>

> It is illustrated by the following which simply writes values
> 0..255 to a file twice. The problem appears to be when
> putc(0x0a) is invoked. It looks to me like putc in it's
> wisdom thinks a <CR> should be inserted before what putc
> interprets as <LF>. Clearly, under a windows environment
> this might be a reasonable thing to do. However, when putc is
> being used to output characters to file of object code,
> things get a little confused.....not least me.
have you test or binary mounts?
the sample code doesn't exhibit this problem with binary mounts.
____________________________________________________________
Colman Curtin              mailto:[email-masked]
Senior Software Engineer
------------------------------------------------------------
Trintech Technologies Ltd,          http://www.trintech.com/
South County Business Park,         Tel +353-1-2956766
Leopardstown,                       Fax +353-1-2954735
Dublin 18.
------------------------------------------------------------

Isn't it strange that the same people that laugh at gypsy
fortune tellers take economists seriously?

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".