Subject: Re: editing howto?
From: [email-masked] (Darren Evans)

23 Jun 1998 17:57:01 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <Pine.GSO.3.96.980622021423.11254E-100000@dilbert>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

>I don't remenber the name of the guy asking if he can ran vim throught
>telnet. At least, I know it works for me and I thank all the people
>working for that. As a telnetd, I use both my own (with no echo) and the
>GeorgiaSoftWorks one (only for NT). I have downloaded vim from:
>ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/cygwin32/porters/Hirmke_Mic
hael/vim-5_0-win32-without-gui-bin_tar.gz

>It works both with TERM=ansi and TERM=xterm. I can use it inside an xterm
>(xterm -> telnet -> telnetd -> vim) or with telnet from Windows. I can
>even use the arrows, but not in every configurations. Under my own
>telnetd, vim complains about Input and Ouput not being a terminal (normal,
>these are pipes!) but it still works. And I have so CYGWIN32 env. var.

Great. As a side note, you guys should check out gvim under win32, its
really nice, and has colour syntax highlighting.

Its ashame that more stuff has'nt been ported, you can compile quite a few
programs straight out of the tarball now. 

--------------------------------------------------
 Darren Evans
 Systems Engineer/Systems Operation Group
 Online Magic Ltd FAX                0171 573 5961
 DSS/DH Key ID 0x23BEBE28        FAX 0171 573 5959
 05AE D632 E729 57B3 EBE6 6E41 D527 B739 23BE BE28
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".