Subject: Re: Cygwinb19.dll
From: [email-masked] (Dylan Griffiths)

23 Jun 1998 11:09:42 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "Wiz" <[email-masked]>, "Gnu Win32 Mailing list" <[email-masked]>

-----Original Message-----
From: Wiz <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Date: Monday 22, June, 1998 21:56
Subject: Cygwinb19.dll

>I cant start a Win32 API file without cygwinb19.dll.
>Why cant i do that? And is it possible to start a program without it?
>Or start it with some other .dll that are included in windows?

Maybe it wasn't made clear to you the purpose of the cygwin19.dll file.
This file contains all necessary program information and support to run
Cygnus GCC compiled programs in exactly the same way that VC5 C programs
require vc5rt.dll and VC5 MFC apps requires MFC42.DLL.  If you don't like
that requirement, go rewrite the source code of the compiler itself and set
it up so that each EXE has all those functions included within them.  This
has the disadvantage of increases every single executable's size by half a
meg.  It's your choice.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".