Subject: telnet/inetd/remote-utilities
From: [email-masked] (Jonathan Storey)

22 Jun 1998 18:41:06 -0700
Message-ID: <000e01bd9dbd$36c6a610$050120c0.cygnus.gnu-win32@menpc5>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: <[email-masked]>

I've been told everything from "follow *exactly*' what's 
on Sergey's page"...to set CYGWIN32=tty, to I haven't got
valid cygwin mounts owned by the user that's kicking off
the inetd process......

1. I have followed 'the very minimal' instructions *exactly*
   I cannot get the inetd to respond to *anything* when it
   is started as a service, using 'invoker' or 'srvany'.....
   so the only method after that, is to run it in a window
   under the user that has the correct access rights/
   priviliges and a valid mount table etc..... which I've done.

2. CYGWIN32 set to 'tty' in the environment BEFORE inetd
   gets started, also in /etc/profile *when* it gets started
   I've kicked inetd off from the command prompt with the
   NT environment haviung CYGWIN32=tty and also I've 
  tried it starting inetd from the cygwin environment the
  same.....

3. If I didn't have a valid mount table, then I would'nt
   be able to *USE* it would I?! , 'ls -la /home/....' *?!?

****************************************************
************ Problem Description Here! ****************
**************************************************** 
StdIn/StdOut are not connected correctly therefore I get
no characters echoe'd to the terminal window until after I
have pressed RETURN, I get *no* prompt, and vim etc.
say that there's no terminal to attach to......

For the last time.... ANYBODY got any *constructive/useful*
*comments/suggestions* regarding the problems I am 
experiencing?
****************************************************   
**************************************************** 

Regards,
	JOZ ([email-masked])

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".