Subject: Re: editing howto?
From: [email-masked] (Benoit Papillault)

22 Jun 1998 12:28:27 -0700
Message-ID: <Pine.GSO.3.96.980622021423.11254E-100000.cygnus.gnu-win32@dilbert>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

I don't remenber the name of the guy asking if he can ran vim throught
telnet. At least, I know it works for me and I thank all the people
working for that. As a telnetd, I use both my own (with no echo) and the
GeorgiaSoftWorks one (only for NT). I have downloaded vim from:
ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/cygwin32/porters/Hirmke_Michael/vim-5_0-win32-without-gui-bin_tar.gz
It works both with TERM=ansi and TERM=xterm. I can use it inside an xterm
(xterm -> telnet -> telnetd -> vim) or with telnet from Windows. I can
even use the arrows, but not in every configurations. Under my own
telnetd, vim complains about Input and Ouput not being a terminal (normal,
these are pipes!) but it still works. And I have so CYGWIN32 env. var.

Thanks again.

Benoit Papillault

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".