Subject: Which UNIX flavor does cygwin most resemble?
From: [email-masked] (Ben Buckner)

22 Jun 1998 03:58:26 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

Hi

I just recently started trying to port a net app (a DHCP server) with Cygwin,
but I'm having all sorts of trouble with missing include files from net and
netinet.  I assume this is due to the annoying diversity of ways the net API
is implemented between various UNIX flavors.  So I got to wondering which
flavor is closest to cygwin?  I've tried FreeBSD, OSF1, SUNOS4, and 386/BSD
makefiles with little success.  Should I be trying Linux, AIX, Posix?  Or is
cygwin so different that I'm really going to have to put in a lot of my own
#ifdefs and workarounds?  I've checked the archives and found a few mentions
of this missing include problem, though with no solutions.

Thanks,
Ben Buckner

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".