Subject: New
From: [email-masked] (DarkStorm)

21 Jun 1998 00:19:06 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: <[email-masked]>

Ok, I'm new to this, and basically discoverd the GNU-Win32 Project due to
the fact that I'm totally sick of having to duel-boot NT and Linux, since NT
is my preferred operating system. (Not to mention the wife hates Linux,
hehe)
Also, the bulk of my software is for NT/Win32 platform.
But, in order to further my networking knowledge, I started playing around
with Slakware, but would rather *not* have to bring my Web/FTP/Telnet server
down (which run on my NT server) just to boot into Linux to play around.

I have installed the software yet and was looking for some pointers.
Should I install it to an empt partition? I have over 15 Gigs of HD space
available, and could easily clear out a 4 Gig partition to dedicate for this
software.
If so, should I install it to the root directory of the drive, like you
would a Unix-based OS? Or should I go with the default of
<system-drive>:\cygnus\b19 as mentioned in the FAQ?
I would rather have this system emulate as closely as possible a Unix-based
system, so I can really get a feel for it. So, for example, my native Linux
OS has the following type of DIR structure:
/
/usr
/bin
/local
/etc
 etc etc etc. You get the idea. I would like this to emulate something close
to that. Which is why I ws wondering about where the installation is best to
place.

Thanks for the time. Laters :)

-Chris W

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".