Subject: Re: sshd 1.2.25 problems
From: [email-masked] (Ville Herva)

20 Jun 1998 08:34:45 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: [email-masked]

On Sat, Jun 20, 1998 at 11:15:40AM +0300, you [Ville Herva] claimed:
> On Fri, Jun 19, 1998 at 10:40:14AM -0100, you [Roel Hofkens] claimed:
> > 
> > Anybody who has an idea what I'm doing wrong (why does the server refuse
> > the key)?
> 
> The original sshd is picky about the permissions of the files in ~/.ssh. 
> It is clear that if identity is world readable as in your case, there is
> no security. So, if Sergey has not made a kludge that overcomes this, my
> guess is that this is the reason the RSAAuth does not work. 

Ummh, what was I thinking... Of course the sshd does not care about the
identity (ssh does!).

Still, when releasing 1.2.23, Sergey Ophapkin reported that it does not 
do RSA Authentication. I assume this is the case for 1.2.25, too.

Although I'm not the best guy to do this, I wrote a small introduction in
installing sshd on NT: http://v.iki.fi/nt-ssh.html.

I'd appreciate somebody with better knowledge (Sergey?) to verify it and
give some additional points to add there.

-- v --

[email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".