Subject: mingw32 sock-faq examples?
From: [email-masked] (Laszlo Vecsey)

20 Jun 1998 05:15:23 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: Laszlo Vecsey <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

Has anyone gotten the Unix Sockets FAQ examples to compile with mingw32?

	http://www.ibrado.com/sock-faq/

I'm using the stock egcs-mingw32 distribution from cygnus, linking the
examples against -lwsock32 (including windows.h and windows32/sockets.h),
but listen(), accept(), connect() etc are always failing with -1.
gethostname() also doesnt work, though IP addresses seem ok.

I've checked the mailing list archive, and tried the suggestion of
undefining WIN32, WINNT, _WIN32, and even __WIN32__.. no luck. If I nm and
grep my libwsock32.a and compiled test binaries, I notice things like
'listen@8' and 'accept@12' .. whats wrong?

- lv

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".