Subject: Integrating Java and Emacs
From: [email-masked] (Matthew Patton)

19 Jun 1998 23:45:18 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

There is an excellent tool called JDE http://sunsite.auc.dk/jde/ that
does syntax highlighting and more nifty things like compiler and
debugging integration with everyone's favorite editor: emacs.

For those not inclined to build the JDE from hand and wade thru the
various bugs and whatnot and simply want a drop-in solution, I have a
zip file of all of the relevant pieces (cc-mode 5.21, custom 1.99.62,
anders1-java-font-lock, browse-url) configured and compiled at
ftp://ftp.ra.pae.osd.mil/pub/ntemacs+jde.zip (6.5mb). Note it's for NT
Emacs 19.34 and is a standalone NT application.

Installing the JDE if using the Cygnus32 environment and Xemacs 21.0 is
trivial and works great. (see
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/ports/Xemacs-21.0-b41-cygwinb19.tar.bz2
and http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/)

Feel free to download and use. If there is demand for a tar.gz format or
smaller pieces, I will be happy to produce them.

Caveat: You have to use an active mode ftp client due to site
limitations. Sorry.

Many thanks to Paul Kinnucan for such an excellent tool. I have
absolutely no problem scrapping my Symantec Cafe installation now!
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".