Subject: Re: curses lib
From: [email-masked] (Darren Evans)

19 Jun 1998 12:10:09 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

>I would need a port of curses library to Win32. AFAIK there are two
>available - ncurses and pdcurses. The ncurses port seems to need the TERM
>and TERMINFO variables set and terminfo database installed, which is not
>very handy for distributing the .exe. The pdcurses (last version I could
>found) is from May 97 and can't be compiled under B19.1 (incompatible
>structures in header files).

Anyone done the patches?

>Isn't there a B19.1 compatible pdcurses or another curses port, please?

Hello,

Ncurses 4.2 compiles neatly, and has a cygwin makefile. I also got
slang compiled too, which is the start of getting a nice system put
together.

I recall copying the ANSI terminfo into my home directory, too.
You can turn on stracing with cygnus, and find out what the hell its
missing, and copy the necessary files over.

I really like cygnus very much, theres a lot of scope, especially with all
of the new GPL software.

BTW clear.exe and other simplistic but necessary programs come with ncurses,
so, how about putting it with the standard distribution? Just a thought. 

Fun fun fun.

thanks

--------------------------------------------------
 Darren Evans
 Systems Engineer/Systems Operation Group
 Online Magic Ltd FAX                0171 573 5961
 DSS/DH Key ID 0x23BEBE28        FAX 0171 573 5959
 05AE D632 E729 57B3 EBE6 6E41 D527 B739 23BE BE28
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".