Subject: Re: can't configure the latest egcs snapshot?
From: [email-masked] (William M. Mullins)

18 Jun 1998 11:32:32 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "Michael S. Tsirkin" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

Sir:

The errors

(D:\apps\cygnus\b19\H-i386-cygwin32\bin\sed.exe 1125) commit_and_inc:
VirtualAll
oc failed

are issued by cygwinb19.dll, near the infamous

"The heap has been split, CYGWIN can't fork this process.
Increase the heap_chunk_size in the registry and try again.",

to indicate that you have insufficient physical RAM and cygwin is unable
to get any virtual memory.  These happen to me often enough and the only
thing I have been able to do is unload as many jobs as possible
(including make any shells) and add as much RAM as I can afford (my
system limit has recently been reached).

For some reason, the VirtualAlloc apprears bent (if not broken).  I have
poked around in the .dll to see if anything glaring appears, but cannot
find anything.  It NEVER seems capable of obtaining anything but RAM. 
No Virtual memory is ever used directly by a cygwin process???

W. M. Mullins
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".