Subject: debug dlls built with MSVC++?
From: [email-masked] (Michael S. Tsirkin)

17 Jun 1998 19:15:42 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: "Michael S. Tsirkin" <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: [email-masked]

Hi!
Here's stuff from FAQ:
---
Can I use the gdb debugger to debug programs built by VC++?
-----------------------------------------------------------

   No, not for full (high level source language) debugging.  The
Microsoft compilers generate a different type of debugging symbol
information, which gdb does not understand.

   However, the low-level (assembly-type) symbols generated by
Microsoft compilers are coff, which gdb DOES understand.  Therefore you
should at least be able to see all of your global symbols; you just
won't have any information about data types, line numbers, local
variables etc.
---

I have found an option "generate COFF debugging info"
in MSVC 5.0.
Will I be able to debug with gdb if I turn it on?
I tries to, and couldn't, but maybe I did something wrong ....
MST
-- 
This message content is not part of Intel's views or affairs
Michael S. Tsirkin, Hanita 63/5, Haifa,Israel; 
Home:+972-4-8322219; Work:+972-4-8655658; 
mailto:[email-masked]; http://www.toptown.com/hp/mtsirkin/; 
    >   Four things are to be strengthened: Torah,and good deeds,
    >   prayer and one's good manners (Berachoth)
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".