Subject: gcc does not handle macro properly
From: [email-masked] (Benoit Papillault)

17 Jun 1998 06:20:20 -0700
Message-ID: <Pine.GSO.3.96.980617024003.3012C-100000.cygnus.gnu-win32@swallow>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

Hi,

I am trying to compile some code with Winsock2. I am currently trying to
modify the header files myself because I get many errors messages. I
discover that gcc does not handle propertly the following macro:

#define	FD_CLR(fd,set) do { \
	u_int __i; \
	for (__i = 0; ...

The compiler says: parse error before for...

In fact, I edited the file with vi and remove all the ^M after the \ and
it works. (Now I have different error messages) I am pretty sure that it
comes from some silly TEXT and BINARY mode. And perhaps the solution would
be to use the 'mount' programs....

Benoit Papillault

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".