Subject: Re: Sshd: password authentication failed
From: [email-masked] (Ville Herva)

16 Jun 1998 21:28:36 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <01BD9835.AA5E5740@sos>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: [email-masked]

On Tue, Jun 16, 1998 at 09:30:11AM +0300, you [Maxim Sobolev] claimed:
> You doesn't need to reboot the system after changing user rights but need to restart service ("net
> stop sshd" then "net statrt sshd").
> 
> Ville Herva wrote:
> 
> > Should the machine be booted after changing user rights?
>
> Sincerely,

Thanks to all who replied.

Since I ran sshd as ordinary process rather than as service, I
did not require to boot NT (which would have been shame since 
I only boot for hardware installations between few months altough
I use the machine on daily basis for programming ;) Quite stable 
for an NT installation that has been moved to another machine 
with for example different number of CPU's...)

The only issue that still seems to remain is that the X-forwarding
does not work ("remote end disabled x-forwarding. Maybe xauth could 
not be ran"), but I'll take a closer look in my settings, there 
may be something trivial wrong. 

BTW: Is it normal that bash, tcsh etc. do not seem to detect the
stdio being tty when ran in rxvt, xterm or through ssh? (Not 
detecting tty is just my guess, since the output seems mangled, and
arrow keys do not work). Also, rxvt complains something about not 
being able to open input method.

best regards,

-- v --

[email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".