Subject: mmsystem, portable Audio library
From: [email-masked] (Curtis L. Olson)

16 Jun 1998 02:34:53 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

As part of a free/open source flight sim project I am involved in, we
are developing a portable audio library for playing sound effects.

Our audio library currently runs under Linux and has recently been
ported to windows/msvc++ (using mmsystem.dll).  We are also looking at
supporting OpenBSD audio, Sgi IRIX, and Mac.

I am attempting to compile the windows port using the cygnus compiler
but I am having trouble interfacing with mmsystem.dll and mmsystem.h

Has anyone successfully built any code with the cygnus compiler that
links to mmsystem?  If so I'd love to talk to you and see if I can
work through the problem(s) I am stuck on.

I have been able to massage the official MS mmsystem.h, create a
libmmsystem.a and get a error free build/link.  But, the resulting
executable refuses to start.  It gives me a message that my
"mmsystem.dll" is corrupt, and promptly dies.  Could this be caused by
an incorrectly generated libmmsystem.a?  

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Curt.
-- 
Curtis Olson                        University of MN, ME Dept.
[email-masked]                     
http://www.menet.umn.edu/~curt      Try Linux!
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".