Subject: Newbie Questions / Win 95
From: [email-masked] (Mike Bandy)

15 Jun 1998 15:16:07 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

Hello,

I'm a brand new Cygnus 19 Beta user on Windows 95.  I have a couple 
simple questions:

1) What's the use for the "mount" command?  Why is it needed? 

2) What's the name of the bash file that's executed when you first start up a
bash window?  What directory does it go into?  I'd like to put in a file with
some aliases, like my Solaris box's ~/.cshrc.  Where is the bash FAQ file so
I don't have to ask simple questions again? 

3) After installing Cygnus my Windows 95 boot sequence hangs for about 30
seconds just before the user screen appears (i.e. a black screen after the
big splash panel but before the screen with the "Start" button on it). 
What's it waiting for? 

Thanks.

	Mike
--
Mike Bandy
[email-masked]    |  If you go into a situation with nothing
Johns Hopkins University    |  planned, sometimes wonderful stuff happens.
Applied Physics Laboratory  |   -Jerry Garcia

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".