Subject: Re: b19 gcc/g++ and Sybase DB-Library?
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

13 Jun 1998 01:37:32 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: Satoshi Ueno <[email-masked]>
Cc: gw32 <[email-masked]>

STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION is the same as SIGSEGV.  This is usually
caused by mixing pointers with non-pointers in calling functions.  It
can also be caused by any invalid access to memory including address 0
or a NULL pointer.

If you have not already done so, please read the IMPORTANT UPGRADE
NOTICE at the end of this note.

---Satoshi Ueno <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> 
> Does anyone have experience in using Sybase DB-Library with gcc/g++?
> 
> I have managed to link against libsybdb by creating .a from .LIB using
> impdef and dlltool as explained in this mailing list.  However, the
> application crashes inside dbopen() where I can't step into.  I have
> spend hours and still have no idea how to fix the problem...
> 
> I used "example1.c" in Sybase dblibrary example directory.  Calls to
> dbinit(), dberrhandle(), and dbmsghandle() are successful up until it
> crashes in dbopen().  As you see in the output below, a connection to
> the server seemed to have established before the crash.
> 
> Has anyone seen this before?  Any information will be helpful.
> 
>   C:\foo> a.exe
>   Msg 5701, Level 0, State 2
>   Server 'JEFACTDEV', Line 3
>   	Changed database context to 'bt_test'.
>   (C:\foo\a.exe 1000) Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
>   (C:\foo\a.exe 1000) Dumping stack trace to a.exe.core
>   
>   C:\foo>
> 
>   [a.exe.core]
>   (C:\foo\a.exe 1000) Exception trapped!
>   (C:\foo\a.exe 1000) exception C0000005 at 0
>   (C:\foo\a.exe 1000) exception: ax 0 bx 0 cx 29 dx 29
>   (C:\foo\a.exe 1000) exception: si 1645 di 57C0BE0 bp 57C0BE8 sp
240FBEC
>   (C:\foo\a.exe 1000) exception is: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
>   (C:\foo\a.exe 1000) Stack trace:
>   (C:\foo\a.exe 1000) frame 0: sp = 0x240F918, pc = 0x1000A26C
>   (C:\foo\a.exe 1000) frame 1: sp = 0x240FA3C, pc = 0x77F94512
>   (C:\foo\a.exe 1000) frame 2: sp = 0x240FA60, pc = 0x77F88EEB
>   (C:\foo\a.exe 1000) frame 3: sp = 0x240FAEC, pc = 0x77F76266
>   (C:\foo\a.exe 1000) frame 4: sp = 0x57C0BE8, pc = 0x0
>   (C:\foo\a.exe 1000) End of stack trace
> 
> Thanks,
> Satoshi

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Please, research your question via the Searchable Mail Archives first.
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32          (Searchable Mail Archives)

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/                  (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                    (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                   (Project Page)
http://dvpraktikum.informatik.uni-koeln.de:3232/ 
                                            (Cygwin32 Porting Project)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html (Colin Peters - Mingw32)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/    (Mumit Khan)
ftp://ftp.hksys.com/pub/mirrors/EGCS-Win32/   (Jeremy Bettis - mirror)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
http://www.downloadwizard.com/ak/gnu-win32/bash.html
                                        (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
http://www.parallax.co.uk/~andyp/index_text.html  (Andy Piper - ports)
http://www.tiac.net/users/cgf     (Christopher Faylor - package ports)
http://aquarius.franken.de/docs/develop/gnuwin32/GNUWin32.txt
                                               (Package Porting Notes)
ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/cygwin32/ 
                                                       (German mirror)
http://www.dol.ru/users/valtul      (Valery Tulnikov - software ports)
ftp://ftp.cs.nyu.edu/pub/local/fox/cygwin32 (David fox - RPM packages)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/     (HTML Man Pages)

Help for Win32 Beginners: 
 http://www.relisoft.com
 http://www.program.com/resources/win32.html

DISCLAIMER: These links or links from these pages to other sites do
not constitute an endorsement of any entities, advertisers, products 
or services therein. I am not responsible for and do not control or 
monitor the content of these sites or the accuracy of information 
found therein.

-------------------- IMPORTANT UPGRADE NOTICE ------------------------
You should get the following to update your cygwinb19 package:

Sergey Okhapkin's coolview package which contains an updated 
cygwinb19.dll.  (Yes, even if you've already downloaded the b19.1 
update from the Cygnus Site).

Mumit Khan's compilation of EGCS for the cygwinb19.dll; especially if 
you're using the C++ compiler.  The current version of the compiler
that 
comes with the tools has lots of problems that have been fixed with 
the EGCS version.  This is a drop-in replacement for the GCC toolset.

URL's are listed above.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".