Subject: ghostview/ghostscript
From: [email-masked] (Paul Poffenberger)

13 Jun 1998 00:28:47 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

Hi,

I've recently downloaded ghostview-1.5-cygwinb19.tar.bz2 and 
gs-5.10-cygwinb19.tar.bz2 from Sergey Okhapkin's site.
Unfortunately both are giving me problems... 

Ghostview starts up with its standard window, presumably reads 
in the target file (it gets all the page numbering correct...), 
but can't actually display the file, instead popping up a window 
with the following message:

Error: PostScript interpreter failed in main window.

I've had no more success with Ghostscript.  It simply pops up 
a window and then promptly dies with the following message:

bash-2.01$ gs
Aladdin Ghostscript 5.10 (1997-11-23)
Copyright (C) 1997 Aladdin Enterprises, Menlo Park, CA.  All rights reserved.
This software comes with NO WARRANTY: see the file PUBLIC for details.
X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  91 (X_QueryColors)
  Value in failed request:  0xec
  Serial number of failed request:  322
  Current serial number in output stream:  322
bash-2.01$ 

Does anyone have any clue what might be wrong???

==========================================

the vital stats...

nt4/sp3; b19/i386-cygwin32; coolview; 
b19_X11R6_3 from Arlindo da Silva's site 
(also tried with X11R6.4-cygwinb19.tar.bz2 
from Sergey's site);

cheers, Paul

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".