Subject: Re: Problem with wait?
From: [email-masked] (Andy Mortimer)

12 Jun 1998 17:49:11 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <F3332E1142DFD111873E0000F879A2BA0FACD9.cygnus.gnu-win32@NTMAIL>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]

Dear Ian and List,

[email-masked] (Christopher G. Faylor) writes:
> Ian Collins <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >I am running NT4 SP3 with b19.
> >I keep getting an error waitforjob - no children.
> >This error always initially comes from make, but once the error has
> >appeared, then bash also exhibits it.
> >
> >I have looked through the Gnu src code and the error message comes from
> >the routine Exp_WaitCmd in the file expect/exp_command.c.
> >
> >Once I get this error message, the only recourse is to reboot the
> >machine.
> >
> >Please - has anyone seen this problem? I have absolutely no idea how to
> >solve this.
> 
> Try running Sergey's coolview or B19.1.

I don't know if this worked for you, Ian, but I've just started
getting this error (I've just started running large builds too, so I
don't think it's something I've just broken) with Sergey's
latest. Again, having started happening it seems to happen for most
commands -- although not all; usually I can do an "ls" without
problems, but it won't let me run any shell scripts -- until I reboot.

Does anyone have any idea how I would go about looking for more
information on this? Or ideally, how to fix it?

Thanks muchly,

Andy

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".