Subject: RE: Escape sequences
From: [email-masked] (Edward Avis)

12 Jun 1998 11:46:59 -0700
Message-ID: <c=GB%a=TMAILUK%p=DCNET%l=[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>,
        "[email-masked]'"
	 <[email-masked]>

>>The problem is that many "badly behaved" applications which access the
>>screen "directly" (and not just DOS programs; native Win32 text-mode
>>things do it too) will not display in such windows.
>>
>>Any alternative to the Microsoft Command Prompt window would have to
>>provide support for such programs.
>
>I think you are confused here.  First of all, `real' Dos programs would
>launch into their own _separate_ Microsoft console window, and will not
>be the concern of the cygwinbxx.dll.  In fact, the Microsoft console
>standard, in which programs overlay each other in one window, will go
>away, to be replaced by Unix-style separate windows for each launched
>application.

Sorry, I didn't mean graphics programs; I meant _text-based_ DOS
programs which access the screen directly.  It would be a real nuisance
if they kept coming up in separate windows.

--
Ed Avis <http://members.tripod.com/~mave>
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".