Subject: b19 gcc/g++ and Sybase DB-Library?
From: [email-masked] (Satoshi Ueno)

11 Jun 1998 17:48:15 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: Text/Plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hi,

Does anyone have experience in using Sybase DB-Library with gcc/g++?

I have managed to link against libsybdb by creating .a from .LIB using
impdef and dlltool as explained in this mailing list.  However, the
application crashes inside dbopen() where I can't step into.  I have
spend hours and still have no idea how to fix the problem...

I used "example1.c" in Sybase dblibrary example directory.  Calls to
dbinit(), dberrhandle(), and dbmsghandle() are successful up until it
crashes in dbopen().  As you see in the output below, a connection to
the server seemed to have established before the crash.

Has anyone seen this before?  Any information will be helpful.

  C:\foo> a.exe
  Msg 5701, Level 0, State 2
  Server 'JEFACTDEV', Line 3
  	Changed database context to 'bt_test'.
  (C:\foo\a.exe 1000) Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
  (C:\foo\a.exe 1000) Dumping stack trace to a.exe.core
  
  C:\foo>

  [a.exe.core]
  (C:\foo\a.exe 1000) Exception trapped!
  (C:\foo\a.exe 1000) exception C0000005 at 0
  (C:\foo\a.exe 1000) exception: ax 0 bx 0 cx 29 dx 29
  (C:\foo\a.exe 1000) exception: si 1645 di 57C0BE0 bp 57C0BE8 sp 240FBEC
  (C:\foo\a.exe 1000) exception is: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
  (C:\foo\a.exe 1000) Stack trace:
  (C:\foo\a.exe 1000) frame 0: sp = 0x240F918, pc = 0x1000A26C
  (C:\foo\a.exe 1000) frame 1: sp = 0x240FA3C, pc = 0x77F94512
  (C:\foo\a.exe 1000) frame 2: sp = 0x240FA60, pc = 0x77F88EEB
  (C:\foo\a.exe 1000) frame 3: sp = 0x240FAEC, pc = 0x77F76266
  (C:\foo\a.exe 1000) frame 4: sp = 0x57C0BE8, pc = 0x0
  (C:\foo\a.exe 1000) End of stack trace

Thanks,
Satoshi
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".