Subject: install of cdk-split fails with error 105 on W95
From: [email-masked] (J. Alan Eldridge)

11 Jun 1998 08:29:36 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

I dl'd the cdk-split b19 files, moved them over to a 95 box, recreated
the cdk.exe binary, upon running it, it asks for a temp dir (C:\TMP,
which is also where the xa* and cdk.exe files were), and then fails
after extracting a number of files with the message (approx.) "No 
installation language specified in C:\TMP\SETUP.LID". There was no
such file at the time this occured. 

Got any clues? (Feel free to be as technical as you wish, since I am
a systems analyst by trade -- just more on the Unix side I'm afraid.)

-- 
                                   \
                                  /_ `.-~~--..--~~~-.
   Just hangin' out              <__                 `.
   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.~~~~,','
                                              `.~~_,'
Alan Eldridge ([email-masked], also [email-masked])
PGP public key at http://www.panix.com/~wozzle/alane.pgp.key
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".