Subject: Which library exports <x>?
From: [email-masked] (Edward Avis)

10 Jun 1998 22:40:53 -0700
Message-ID: <c=GB%a=TMAILUK%p=DCNET%l=[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>

What's the correct way to track down unresolved externals?

I'm trying to build FreeCiv, and I'm looking for XtShellStrings, which
is defined in Shell.h.  I've tried grepping through all the files under
/usr/X11R6.3 (including binary files), but I can't find which library
it's in.

Is grep the right tool to use for this?  (I suspect not.)

Of course, it's possible that the X11R6.3 snapshot I'm using doesn't
have that particular library.  I know there are several different people
who have precompiled X11 for download - perhaps they know which library
it's in, whether they have compiled it, and if not, how I could compile
that library myself.

TIA,

--
Ed Avis <http://members.tripod.com/~mave>
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".