Subject: Re: Escape sequences
From: [email-masked] (Benoit Papillault)

10 Jun 1998 05:51:12 -0700
Message-ID: <Pine.GSO.3.96.980609211101.23903A-100000.cygnus.gnu-win32@dilbert>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

On Tue, 9 Jun 1998 [email-masked] wrote:

> But, I don't think that you are going far enough.  I don't see why the
> cygnus terminal should be grafted onto the Microsoft Dos console window,
> with all of its known and documented limitations.  I did a demonstration
> project on this subject, involving porting the Unix slrn news reader to
> a homegrown Dos stdio library.  (The latest compressed executable should
> still be found in the Usenet `alt.binaries.news-server-comparison' news
> group, and will run on all versions of Windows from W3.x and up to the
> latest NT.)
> 
> That homegrown Dos window has the advantage of being a `true' Windows
> application, which means it can be subclassed, and it can use, e. g.,
> asynchronous winsocket calls.  It is a trivial job to add the other Dos
> window functionality, such as copy-and-paste and font selection, to this
> window.  And, it still is possible to launch `Dos' applications from the
> window, which naturally execute in the Microsoft console.

Do you mean that you have made a replacement to that "unresizable" DOS
Windows? Really! I am interested in , could you give us an ftp or http
location where I can find you work? (never head about
alt.binaries.news-server-comparison, my news server neither....)

Benoit Papillault

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".