Subject: Re: mtr?
From: [email-masked] (Eric Hill)

10 Jun 1998 02:21:46 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <357e705b.858344@mail>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

to be clear, mtr is a combination of ping and traceroute. it first does a
traceroute, then it pings each hop in the route, giving packet loss
statistics for each hop. quite a useful bit of functionality which would
wear down the fingers using the standard utils.

eric

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eric Hill                                                 Speech Machines
[email-masked]   ...speech recognition for the Internet age
650/568.1500                                http://www.speechmachines.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".