Subject: RE: Escape sequences
From: [email-masked] (Edward Avis)

9 Jun 1998 22:21:58 -0700
Message-ID: <c=GB%a=TMAILUK%p=DCNET%l=[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>,
        "[email-masked]'"
	 <[email-masked]>

>What I am getting at is that I believe that cygnus `bash' ought to come
>up in its own xterm window, which is a `true' Windows window, and not a
>Unix emulation layer grafted onto the Microsoft console.

We already have xterm and rxvt ported to Cygwin32.  The problem is that
many "badly behaved" applications which access the screen "directly"
(and not just DOS programs; native Win32 text-mode things do it too)
will not display in such windows.

Any alternative to the Microsoft Command Prompt window would have to
provide support for such programs.

--
Ed Avis <http://members.tripod.com/~mave>
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".