Subject: No rsh on NT?! (was Re: Yes! A _new_ inetd problem!)
From: [email-masked] (Andy Mortimer)

8 Jun 1998 22:13:53 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <01BD8F01.D05A25B0@sos>
To: [email-masked]

Sergey Okhapkin <[email-masked]> writes:
> Todd P. Whitesel wrote:

> > rlogind consistently causes my solaris rlogin to print "Connection
> > closed.", and dumps core ("in.rlogind.exe.core") into inetd's
> > working directory.
> 
> Neither rlogind, nor rshd shouldn't work because authentication method is 
> not compatible with NT's security model.

So, is there any way I can remotely execute commands on an NT box from
a script on a UNIX box? I can't think of another way -- at least, not
without hardcoding my password :-( -- but some of you might be able to
do better.

Otherwise I'll have to look for another way of doing things, but I was 
hoping to be able to use this method to control things centrally
without having to share disc space or anything.

Thanks,

Andy
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".