Subject: Re: Out of enviromental space
From: [email-masked] (Benoit Papillault)

8 Jun 1998 21:23:59 -0700
Message-ID: <Pine.GSO.3.96.980608111215.22641B-100000.cygnus.gnu-win32@greyhound>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: Patrick <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

On Sun, 7 Jun 1998, Patrick wrote:

> but everytime i wanna start up gnu win 32 i come up with message: Out of
> enviromental space.

This problem is not Windows 98 specific, it already occurs with games
under DOS, you know. It comes from the shell which has allocated a fixed
amount of memory to store environment variables. To increase this space,
you can add a line add the end of your AUTOEXEC.BAT like the following:

SHELL=C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND.COM /E:1024 /P

Under Windows NT, you have to modify that under the "Control Panel". 1024
is the number of bytes allocated to your environment space.

Hope this help.

		Benoit Papillault

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".