Subject: Problem running configure scripts in gnu-win32
From: [email-masked] (Michael C. Polinske)

8 Jun 1998 02:17:06 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0064_01BD925E.E3255E20"
To: <[email-masked]>

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0064_01BD925E.E3255E20
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I am a brand new user of gnu-win32 and very new to C/C++.

What I want to do is build the new beta version of NcFTP 3.0 beta 12, =
unfortunately I haven't found any Win32 binaries for it yet.

I downloaded the cdk.exe from ftp.cygnus.com and installed it on my =
system without any problems.

But now I'm trying to build the ncurses and readline for NcFTP.
Here is what happens when I type the following:   sh ./configure =
-target=3Di586-pc-cygwin32

loading cache ./config.cache
Configuring NCURSES 4.2 ABI 4 (Sun Jun  7 21:21:39  1998)
configure: error: can not run ./config.sub

If I type in:   sh ./config.sub i586
It returns
i586-pc-none

So, I'm assuming config.sub is working.

Are there any books available about gnu-win32 that can help me out with =
problems like this?

What am I doing wrong? =20

I've also tried to run the configure script with readline but I get the =
message that it can't run ./support/config.sub.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Michael C. Polinske  | This is the day the LORD has made;
5730 N 68th St       | Let us rejoice and be glad!! Psalm 118:24 [NIV]
Milwaukee, WI 53218  |------------------------------------------------
mailto:[email-masked]  | Phone: (414) 463-6846
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Come to the WELS for new life in the living word!

------=_NextPart_000_0064_01BD925E.E3255E20
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>

<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Diso-8859-1 =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META content=3D'"MSHTML 4.72.3110.7"' name=3DGENERATOR>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>I am a brand new user of gnu-win32 =
and very new=20
to C/C++.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>What I want to do is build the new beta version of =
NcFTP 3.0=20
beta 12, unfortunately I haven't found any Win32 binaries for it=20
yet.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I downloaded the cdk.exe from ftp.cygnus.com and =
installed it=20
on my system without any problems.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>But now I'm trying to build the ncurses and readline =
for=20
NcFTP.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Here is what happens when I type the =
following:&nbsp;&nbsp; sh=20
../configure -target=3Di586-pc-cygwin32<BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>loading cache ./config.cache<BR>Configuring NCURSES =
4.2 ABI 4=20
(Sun Jun&nbsp; 7 21:21:39&nbsp; 1998)<BR>configure: error: can not run=20
../config.sub<BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>If I type in:&nbsp;&nbsp; sh ./config.sub i586</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>It returns</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2></FONT><FONT =
size=3D2>i586-pc-none</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>So, I'm assuming config.sub is working.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Are there any books available about gnu-win32 that =
can help me=20
out with problems like this?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>What am I doing wrong?&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I've also tried to run the configure script with =
readline but=20
I get the message that it can't run ./support/config.sub.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Any help would be greatly appreciated.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Michael C. Polinske&nbsp; | This is =
the day the=20
LORD has made;<BR>5730 N 68th St&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; | =
Let us=20
rejoice and be glad!! Psalm 118:24 [NIV]<BR>Milwaukee, WI 53218&nbsp;=20
|------------------------------------------------<BR><A=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">mailto:[email-masked]</A>&nbsp; =
| Phone:=20
(414)=20
463-6846<BR>-------------------------------------------------------------=
---------<BR>Come=20
to the WELS for new life in the living =
word!<BR></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0064_01BD925E.E3255E20--

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".