Subject: Bash problems under Win95
From: [email-masked] (Michael K. Vance)

8 Jun 1998 02:17:01 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: GNU-Win32 <[email-masked]>

List,

Pardon me if this has been discussed ad nauseum, but I looked through the FAQ
and it isn't listed anywhere, so here goes.

If I accidently attempt to execute "d:" while running BASH 2.01 with the B19.1
patch (and before), my system hangs. Not only does it hang, but something very
strange happens, my monitor's horizontal and vertical refresh rates get set to
values outside of their normal ranges: 85hz and 130hz, horiz and vert,
respectively. I must hard boot the machine at this point as my monitor craps out
with a warning message about such nasty rates.

I noticed also that a bug has been fixed in B19.1. When I was in "d:\code" and
attempted to move to "d:\" by executing "cd ..", I would go nowhere, or,
randomly, I would go to "c:\". "d:\" seemed unreachable. This is no longer a
problem, it seems. Also, "jdb" works now, after not functioning properly before
(it would fail loading with a "input stream closed" message, then drop back to
bash after a few seconds. There are problems using it though: all applications
are suspended and are unusable when paused in execution of a Java program.

Hope this is moderately useful,

m.

-- 
| "Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants."
| - Gen. Omar Bradley
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".