Subject: Re: Escape sequences
From: [email-masked] (Christopher G. Faylor)

6 Jun 1998 17:16:10 GMT
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <6EE807C60AFCD111995100805F57E9C001750A.cygnus.gnu-win32@CSC_MS_01>
X-Newsreader: trn 4.0-test63 (15 March 1998)

In article <6EE807C60AFCD111995100805F57E9C001750A.cygnus.gnu-win32@CSC_MS_01>,
Daniel Tessier <[email-masked]> wrote:
>In the Readme.txt file that comes with B19, I found the following
>excerpt:
>"Additional terminal escape sequences recognized: scroll region setting
>via <ESC>[n1;n2r and setting the console title using xterm escape
>sequence: <ESC>[2;new title^G ."
>
>Does this work only for xterms, or can I use it to set the window title
>of
>the console in which I run bash. If it is possible, how do I do it? I
>tried
>echoing that escape sequence to no avail. I am using Windows NT4
>w/SP3, and B19.1.
>
>Thanks for the help.

That's my fault.  It's a bug in the documentation.  The character following
the <ESC> should be a ] not a [.
-- 
[email-masked]             "Everything has a boolean value, if you stand
http://www.cygnus.com/      far enough away from it."  -- Galena Alyson Canada