Subject: Objc and DLLs
From: [email-masked] (Robert Munro)

6 Jun 1998 01:45:59 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

Hi all, I have been trying to create an objective C dll using cygwin B19
and egcs 1.0.2 and here's the problem.  After many attempts, the library
finally links (apparently okay) and I create a library for it.  I try to
compile a test prog against the library and it compiles just fine.  I call
a function, no problem.  However when I get to the line :

thisObject = [[myObject alloc] init];

it blows up.  I get a STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATIOn exception and then it exits.
Dunno what's going on here at all, so maybe you guys could help me out.
Running with GDB, I get this when it crashes:

--start debug

Starting program: /rmunro/dev/TestDll/main.exe 
10000000:/rmunro/dev/TestDll/cygwinb19.dll

[failed reading symbols from DLL]
"/WINNT/system32/advapi32.dll": error reading line numbers

[failed reading symbols from DLL]
"/WINNT/system32/KERNEL32.dll": error reading line numbers

77e70000:/WINNT/system32/USER32.dll
77ed0000:/WINNT/system32/GDI32.dll
77e10000:/WINNT/system32/RPCRT4.dll
warning: LDR: Automatic DLL Relocation in main.exe

warning: LDR: Dll testdll.dll base 10000000 relocated due to collision with
m:\dev\TestDll\cygwinb19.dll

2520000:/rmunro/dev/TestDll/testdll.dll
5f810000:/WINNT/System32/rpcltc1.dll

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x252a648 in __eprintf (string=0x252129f "%s:%u: failed assertion `%s'\n",
expression=0x2521288 "../../gcc/objc/class.c", line=131, filename=0x2521276
"__objc_class_hash")
 
--end of debug 

Thanks for any help you guys could give...

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".