Subject: RE: about boxes
From: [email-masked] (Colin Peters)

5 Jun 1998 11:33:54 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "GNU-Win32" <[email-masked]>

Stipe Tolj <[email-masked]> wrote:
>has anyone a simple and short code for cygwin32 b19.2 to pop up an
>windows about box containing an small 256 color image?!

It is simply a unfortunate fact of life that the code to pop up a window is
not particularly simple or short (at least for raw Win32 API calls).
Displaying a 256 color image on a window is *much* more complicated, mainly
because you have to deal with palette management (you can avoid that if your
program is only ever going to run on true color systems or you don't mind
your bitmap having some really bad color matching done to get it down to the
20 system colors on a 256 color system). As far as I know what you are
asking for is not possible for normal definitions of "simple and short".

If you tried one of the free foundation class sets out there, like V for
example, it might be possible... I haven't tried.

Colin.

PS. I hope I don't sound too harsh...

-- Colin Peters - colin at fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp
-- Saga Univ. Dept. of Information Science
-- http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Towers/6162/index.html
-- http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/index.html

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".