Subject: Post script on the MINGW32/CYGWIN32 printing problem
From: [email-masked]

4 Jun 1998 23:28:21 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=windows-1252
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

After going through all possibilities of byte, word, and double word
realignment of the PRINTDLG structure with MINGW32, I finally compiled
the program on an old, really old, WIN32 compiler, the one that comes
with BC4.52.

And it ran.  With the wrong radio-button checked.

Which says that the finger-pointing now goes to the import libraries
that come with MINGW32 and Borland C++ Builder respectively.  (The
16 and 32 bit versions of VC are so far beneath contempt as compilers
and professional tools that I have deleted them from my disk.)  Oh yes,
using alternative strategies for getting the printer device context still
fails to print under MINGW32/CYGWIN32/BorlandC++.

Next step:  For the fastidious Unix addict, add piping and other fancy
goods to the 32-bit version of the lpr program.

�
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".