Subject: Ctrl-C (signal) processing in a multi-user environment
From: [email-masked] (Geoff Hart)

4 Jun 1998 07:32:16 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "Cyg-Win32" <[email-masked]>

Hi,

I'm running multiple bash sessions with 2 different users.  As far as I can
tell, the users have identical user rights, home directories, ....
everything.

However, if I hit Ctrl-C in user1's window, it works properly.  If I hit
Ctrl-C in user2's window, nothing happens.  I think the terminal (xterm)
is acting properly because if (in the user2 window) I do:

$ login
login: user1
Password:
$ ...

then Ctrl-C works properly again.

It appears that user2 bash simply ignores the signal generated by the tty
input processing.  Does this make sense?

I don't know much about the security model NT uses, but since the
cygwinXXX.dll is shared amongst different users, and each user has
potentially different user rights, I wonder how signals are propagated.

Geoff

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".