Subject: Inetd and telnetd
From: [email-masked] (Walter Garcia-Fontes)

3 Jun 1998 19:07:53 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="------------65B2CB58503CBBCC1272EE5A"
To: Gnuwin32 <[email-masked]>

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------65B2CB58503CBBCC1272EE5A
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi (NT 4.0 SP3, latest b19 with coolview)

I used to have a working configuration of Serguey's remote tools.
/usr/local/ was on a local disk while all the rest of cygnus
tools where on a networked disk. Since /usr/local/bin was growing
too large, I decided to put as much as I could on a networked
disk (Novell). Now inetd and telnetd stopped working.

I figure out that I needed cygwinb19.dll on a local disk and
inetd.exe also, otherwise NT refuses to start inetd.exe as a
service (anybody knows if it is possible to start it from a
networked disk, I haven't been able).

Inetd starts OK and installs as a service, but does not respond
to outside calls.

telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: error 111

My mount table is now:
\\.\X:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\users /users
native      text=binary
\\.\X:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\tmp /tmp
native      text=binary
\\.\X:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\etc /etc
native      text=binary
E:               /e                  native      text=binary
\\.\TAPE1:       /dev/st1            native      text=binary
\\.\TAPE0:       /dev/st0            native      text=binary
\\.\NUL:         /dev/null           native      text=binary
\\.\NUL:         /dev/nul            native      text=binary
\\.\B:           /dev/fd1            native      text=binary
\\.\A:           /dev/fd0            native      text=binary
C:               /boot               native      text=binary
\\.\X:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32\bin /bin
native      text=binary
X:\Cygnus\B19\H-i386-cygwin32        /
native      text=binary

E and C are local disks (E=NTFS, C=FAT16), X is a (Novell)
network disk.

Thanks,
Walter Garcia-Fontes.

--------------65B2CB58503CBBCC1272EE5A
Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; name="vcard.vcf"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Description: Card for Walter  <B> Garcia-Fontes </B>
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="vcard.vcf"

begin:          vcard
fn:             Walter  <B> Garcia-Fontes </B>
n:              <B> Garcia-Fontes </B>;Walter 
org:            <EM> Departament d'Economia  -  Universitat Pompeu Fabra </em>
adr:            <A HREF="http://www.econ.upf.es"> http://www.econ.upf.es </A>;;Ramon Trias Fargas 25-27;Barcelona;;08005;Spain
email;internet: [email-masked]
title:          <A HREF="http://puna.upf.es"> http://puna.upf.es</A>
tel;work:       +34 93 542 27 22
tel;fax:          +34 93 542 17 46
note:           <em>Secretary</em>: Mireia Monroig (++34 93 542 18 57) [email-masked]
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: TRUE
version:        2.1
end:            vcard

--------------65B2CB58503CBBCC1272EE5A--

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".