Subject: Re: Windows version of Unix lpr program doesn't work?
From: [email-masked]

2 Jun 1998 02:06:56 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=windows-1252
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]

>   [email-masked]
>   Sun, 31 May 1998 23:37:55 -0500 (CDT)
>       
>If you have a printer that no longer accepts character printing from
>stdio functions, you will appreciate the need for a Windows version of
>the Unix lpr program, especially as an accessory to Internet programs
>that use lpr under Unix to print character files.
>
>The following lpr.c code compiles and works as a 16-bit application,
>using Borland 4.52, but compiles and _doesn't_ work when compiled
>using MINGW32.
>
>Does anyone have any constructive suggestions for making the code work
>under MINGW32?
>
If you add code to lpr.c to find out what Windows 95 believes to be the
cause of the MINGW32 PrintDlg error, you get an Extended Error Code of 1,
CDERR_STRUCTSIZE.  Presumably, this means that taking `sizeof(PRINTDLG)'
as the structure size is wrong, which is odd.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".