Subject: How to debug a spawned process?
From: [email-masked] (Craig Setera)

1 Jun 1998 16:07:14 -0700
Message-ID: <5010400023474970000002L002*.cygnus.gnu-win32@MHS>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
To: <[email-masked]>

I'm still working to try to get the GIMP up and running cleanly.  It uses a
plug-in
model that consists of creating the plug-in process and communicating via
anonymous pipes.  I have a large number of plug-ins that are just hanging
when they are run and I have no idea of what they are doing.  I've tried using
"attach" in GDB to hook up to the running process, but that doesn't seem to
work.  Can someone offer any suggestions of how I can look inside the
process that appears to be hanging?

Thanks,
Craig

Craig Setera
AS/400 Enterprise Java Development
IBM Rochester
[email-masked]
(507) 253-3387 - Tie: 553-3387
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".