Subject: user id problem
From: [email-masked] (John Covici)

31 May 1998 19:06:19 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

Hi.  I am having problems getting my user id properly recognized by
programs (ncftp in this case, but it might be a general problem).

If I have no /etc/passwd ncftp says I don't know who you are, but you
have a gid of 500, but no userid.

If I create /etc/passwd it seems to find the userid, but then can't
find my existing home environment variable -- and it uses the root
directory to save its .ncftp directory.

Also, I am getting permission denied if I try to ls /hard1/ ... where
/hard1 is where I have mounted by C: drive (the root is e:).

Any assistance would be appreciated.

-- 
         John Covici
          [email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".