Subject: msql 2 port to cygwn32
From: [email-masked] (Stipe Tolj)

31 May 1998 12:57:32 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: GNU-Win32 <[email-masked]>

Hi,

I already asked for some asistance with porting mysql-3.21.30 to the
cygwin32 env, but it uses this damn mit-pthread package from Chris
Provenzano (MIT) and it's very machine dependent.

So I downloaded msql 2 (current version) from (www.hughes.com.au). It
compiles with cygwinb19.1 (coolview) without an error, but with a lot of
warnings saying the functions "bzero" and "bcopy" are passing from
arguments and some pointer conversion without casts. I finished
compiling and the msqld daemon seems to be running, but I can't access
him using the msqladmin or msql client. Neither Netscape Navigator
client is able to connect to the msqld port 1114.

Has anyone yet experiences with porting msql (mini SQL) to cygwin32?!
How do I check if the daemon is able to receive requests?

Best regards, Stipe.

-- 
stud.rer.pol. Stipe Tolj
HTTP Server Development Management
Department of Economical Computer Science        
University of Cologne, Germany                  
http://www-public.rz.uni-duesseldorf.de/~tolj

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".