Subject: bash control-c kills children
From: [email-masked] (Frank Kuan)

29 May 1998 02:16:05 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hi, I just upgraded from B16 to B19, and I noticed that if
I hit control-c from bash, it kills shell scripts running in the
background that I started (it didn't in B16 gnuwin32). My
shell script just fires up an xemacs, and it kills the xemacs
process. Very inconvenient and dangerous.

I just subscribed to this list, checked the FAQ on cygnus.com,
scanned through a few weeks worth of archive for this
list, and did not find an answer to my problem. Is there
environment var I need to set for Bash not to do this?

- frank

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".