Subject: RE: Compiler bug?
From: [email-masked] (Jimen Ching)

28 May 1998 02:42:19 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

On Wednesday, May 27, 1998 9:37 AM, Earnie Boyd [SMTP:[email-masked]] wrote:
>   Please read the IMPORTANT UPGRADE NOTICE at the end of this note.
>   Please use the Searchable Mail Archives.
>   Please, when asking for help, give the your results as mine or
> others may be different.

Then I assume you didn't have the same error?  But you're right, I should
have included the error message.  As for the notice at the end of this
message.  As you can see, this is a C program, and I am having trouble
with 'compiling' the source, not running it.  Thus, the new dll will not
help.  I've also 'compiled' this same source code on solaris with gcc
2.7.2.2, and had no problems.  Thus, it is a problem with b19 using an
older version of gcc, perhaps.  Since I don't know what changed between
2.7 and 2.7.2.2, I can't be sure.  Maybe you didn't see the same problem
because you have a newer version of gcc.

When can we expect a newer compiler in cygwin32?

> > I can't compile this code with b19.  Is this supposed to be allowed?
> > #include <stdio.h>
> > FILE *xyz = stdin; /* <-- Line 2 */
> > int main() { return 0; }

The error I got was:

tst.c:2: initializer element is not constant

--jc
--
[email-masked]
Adtech, Inc.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".