Subject: Problems with XOpenDevice
From: [email-masked] (Ronald Pijnacker)

26 May 1998 11:44:03 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked] (cygwin)

Hi,

I've been playing around with the CygWin32 for some time now, and I am
trying to get a program working that uses two X-connections. One is
for the displaying of the graphics, and the other for handling the
input. (This happens in a thread, and yes I know that the CygWin32
layer is not MT-safe...)
The problem I have is that, although the first connection is opened
correctly (there is even a window with output present), when I try to
call XOpenDisplay(NULL) for the second time the program exits with
error code 1 _inside_ the call to XOpenDisplay. Could anybody help me
here?

The X-server I use X-win from StarNet. I've also tried Exceed, with
the same results...

Ronald Pijnacker
[email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".